1. Using Phone Photos. The portrait-mode on your iPhone might be good, but it won't capture your home the way a professional can. The Spotlight team always uses a professional photographer. You only get one shot for your house to look its BEST. Prove to buyers why they should “swipe right” on your listing.
2. Taking an offer from the listing agent. When an agent sells their own listing it’s usually for several percents less. You need someone who represents YOUR interests only. It may seem like a shortcut to use one agent, but you may end up losing more than time.
3. Your house is stinky. Buyers want to be able to imagine themselves in your house. That means that any foul odors can make them think twice. Get rid of smoky smells, carpet odors etc. before open houses and showings. You may also want to throw some fresh bread in the oven (or just light a lemon scented candle) to entice buyers. Both smells are scientifically proven to be effective.
4. The little stuff matters. Declutter, repaint, change your light fixtures and buyers notice! The little stuff can seem overwhelming to new buyers. Get the easy stuff out of the way so they can focus on the important things your home has to offer.
5. Your listing is stale and buyers know it. Time is money, and the longer your home is on the market the less enticing it is to buyers.After 6 months your home is a dinosaur. Change it up! The Spotlight Marketing Team works with proven methods to get buyers interested in the unique features of your property. Some agents think posting it on one site is enough- whereas we use a variety of media to get your property the most attention in the shortest amount of time.
6. You take an offer on the 1st day. Some sellers fall on the other end of the spectrum. You need to play a little hard to get with your home. Know it's true value! As local experts in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti neighborhoods, the Spotlight team can get you the best offer if you’re willing to trust us. We'll always be honest with you about the true value of your home.
7. If your realtor can’t pronounce Ypsilanti, you’re in trouble. Chat with us, your LOCAL realtors and property experts. No one knows the neighborhoods, schools, activities, and transportation options available like we do. This is going to be your HOME. Don't let anyone talk you into settling for something just because it's convenient for them.